Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Xtreme beads!

Many of my pieces have featured beads inside the weave. But this green bracelet takes it to a whole new level.



Here is the weave. You can't get away from the beads. They are EVERYWHERE.

There is a red bracelet that I tried putting a bunch of beads in just at the ends, as you can see below.


It didn't turn out as striking as I had hoped, however. But it helped me learn for the next bracelet.... I decided to take the leap and try something I'd been hoping to experiment with.


The subtle beads, numerous as they are, cast a nice effect over the whole length of an otherwise bland VK chain. It also beefed up the single knit weave so it is a tougher. I think I may use this design again....

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! You are so talented :) I really like the beads.

    ReplyDelete